August 27, 2017

Fresh From the Kitchen: Adventures in...Meal Planning?

I love. And I mean LOVE to cook. I would say that up to 90% of our weekly meals involve me cooking something. But, I don't menu plan. Nope. We just end up eating the same favorites it seems week after week...and honestly NO ONE COMPLAINS.

But I feel like I could be doing more. Because I have so many meals that I LOVE to eat, but only fix them like once a month--maybe! But to be more varied in our weekly meals would require...planning. And...I don't do menu planning. Like ever.

BUT...

What if I tried?
What if I blogged about my adventures in meal planning?
Surely there are other people out there--stuck in a rut, but intimidated by all the fancy schmancy meal planning stuff who might enjoy reading about my own adventures?

I am a type B person. I actually LOVE flying by the seat of my pants and doing things last minute. I just do. And I do it well. (probably TOO well) BUT. I think that maybe I COULD pull of planning meals in advance, as long as I kept it from getting too complicated.

So, without further ado. Let me announce that starting THIS WEEK, I will be preparing to dive into meal planning for a ONE MONTH trial.
I will give it a go for 30 days.
Planning out a month of meals.
And then I will check in every week to let you know how it goes to keep myself accountable.

I must admit.
I'm nervous.
But I'm curious to know if I really COULD in fact do it.
I've always assumed I couldn't, knowing how much I hate being THAT organized. LOL

But you know, I was inspired by the menu planning portion in my newest and amazing recently acquired cookbook Everyday Cooking because HER monthly menu, includes CHEAT DAYS!! She added in pizza night, take out, even open spots for leftovers! It wasn't totally micromanaged to every meal for every day of the month with a new meal. And I thought to myself, "now THIS woman...she must be more my style." So I am going to give HER style of menu planning a try. I just restocked my supplies in the fridge and pantry with all my normal on hand ingredients. And that is my goal. I want to cook EXCLUSIVELY from things I ALWAYS have on hand. Real food. As much from scratch as possible. Keeping it as simple as possible.

So, are you ready to join me on this adventure?
Do you think I will be able to do it?!

Let's go!

ps. Make sure you follow me on my Farm Fresh Adventures Facebook page, because I think this new series will be perfect for videos!

No comments: