December 30, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal for Dec 30th

Click here to join in!
• In my life this week…
We are hoping to stay in track! We did some great work yesterday cleaning and clearing out STUFF…you know. The things that get accumulated…extra clothes that don’t get warn. Random boxes and bags. Things here and there. I took THREE garbage bags of clothes to Goodwill yesterday! It felt SOOO good! LOL!

I was also blessed with a new vehicle AND a new washer and dryer. My husband told me it was my most expensive “birthday” yet! LOL! It was one of those scenarios where everything just died—well not the car, but everything else. I actually ENJOYED doing laundry this weekend because I could do it so quickly!

• In our homeschool this week…
Just trucking along with our state studies. We are also enjoying our book Farmer Boy and the studies around that. We are working on stacking double digit numbers in math for addition and subtraction. This week we will also be making a soda bottle bird feeder and string some popcorn and berries to hang out for the birds still around this winter. We are enjoying our bird studies.

• Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Prayer. The power of prayer every morning specifically for school does WONDERS for our family. Attitudes are much better and the focus is there. I will sometimes be in the middle of a crazy hectic schoolday and then go “Wait! We didn’t pray today!” It makes THAT big of a difference!

• Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We have my sister-in-law and my husband’s cousin in until after New Years so we are enjoying seeing them every day.

• My favorite thing this week was…
Getting my new vehicle, new washer and new dryer for SURE!

• My kiddos favorite thing this week was…
Playing with Aunt Cindy…she’s their “favorite” aunt so they are very happy to have her here.

• Things I’m working on…
It’s like that old Barney song “Clean up Clean up Everybody everywhere…” I am working on cleaning up and cleaning out! I want to start the new year with order and organization. I’m not prone to be that way, but I enjoy doing it and the results!

• I’m cooking…
Something with chicken…I am thinking a nice chicken casserole of some sort. I also need to make another loaf of bread.

• I’m grateful for…
The finances to cover things like a washing machine breaking! We always make sure we have a “rainy day” fund…and my husband was blessed with finding copper on a work site and being granted permission to have it for trade in by his boss. It paid for our washing machine!

• I’m praying for…
A sweet dear lady in our congregation…she’s not doing well. She not only has a UTI, but she has pneumonia, a staph infection and they just discovered a break in her back. Doctors aren’t sure whether or not she will make it as she is elderly and feeble. So I am praying for peace and God’s will in this situation.

• I rewarded my kids this week by…
Letting them stay the night with my in-laws so they could enjoy even more time with their aunt.

• Something I am ogling or have my eye on…
I am actually not really ogling anything right now. I was just incredibly blessed with huge things and I’m still living on that euphoria! LOL!

• A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
Here’s a photo of my little monkey after we finished making our last batch of elderberry syrup yesterday…he helped me so took great pleasure in posing with our finished jar!

Photobucket

No comments: