August 18, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal for August 18th

Click here to Join!
In my life this week…it's all about getting ready for school! I have our classroom tore to PIECES right now and lots of "organized chaos" if you know what I mean! LOL! But I have every intention of having our first day of school next week!
***
In our homeschool this week…the only aspect of homeschooling we are working on right now is Art. But we are going to be working on a lapbook too...
***
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…ahem. I must say that I highly recommend keeping an inventory of all the books that you have--whether workbooks or textbooks. Then you know that you actually DO have them and that you don't buy duplicates. I learned this as I experienced a situation where I was POSITIVE that I had about 6 books. But as I've been organizing I discovered that I did NOT have them at all. Which meant I was missing part of our math curriculum for this year! ARGH! Needless to say I NOW have an inventory going. It's nothing fancy, just a spiral notebook where each page is a different subject.
***
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…this week some friends are coming down from Cincinnati and spending the day with us. They have 2 boys just like we do...so I expect they are going to have a blast together! And I will enjoy talking to their mommy!
***
Things I’m working on…organizing! Yep, I have torn everything apart and I'm getting rid of as much as I can! So far I've cleaned off the bookshelf quite nicely and made a large donation to Goodwill and the local library. I've even put together a Used Book Store page here on the blog! Please feel free to check it out--I've listed some things for young adult and some Inspirational Fiction as well for the mom's among us.
***
I’m cooking…nothing much right now. I am so busy with getting ready for school that I'm doing well to just fix breakfast, lunch and dinner if you know what I mean! Once I get everything prepped I will be good to go again!
***
I’m praying for…strength and focus to accomplish all that needs to be done this week. I need God's guidance as I make the final preparations for our school year.
***
A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
Here are some of my piles of organized chaos...LOL!
*****

Don't forget that tomorrow is the first day of the new...

Check out the list of what each participant is going over and then come back here tomorrow as I start with my series on...
I'm nervous about sharing this with you, but I hope that sharing my experiences can help others who might be going through the same thing!

Photobucket

No comments: