February 1, 2013

Wash me whiter than snow...

"He sends His orders to the world— how swiftly His word flies! He sends the snow like white wool; He scatters frost upon the ground like ashes. He hurls the hail like stones. Who can stand against his freezing cold? Then, at His command, it all melts. He sends his winds, and the ice thaws." 
Psalm 147:15-18

This morning we woke up to frigid temperatures and about 2-3" of snow. I happened to step out early--about 8am so not too long after sunrise and I snapped what I think is just a stunning picture. 
(Click picture for a larger image)
It really helped put me in the mind for preparing for God's Holy Sabbath. It was so peaceful and calm and quiet. The snow made everything white and clean and I was just overwhelmed with thoughts of God and my relationship with Him. I started thinking of King David's beautiful poignant psalm which I love:

"Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

What a beautiful sight that must be to God...to see us after we repent from our sins and He's granted us His forgiveness and grace--we must look all sparkling clean and white like this beautiful field outside my window.
♥ No wonder it brings Him such joy and the angels rejoice.
 

"Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." 
Luke 15:10

May all my brothers and sisters in Christ have a most beautiful and blessed Sabbath--may you experience our Father's peace and be filled with abundant joy!
Photobucket

1 comment:

MotherTara said...

Lovely picture and beautiful post, too. I was blessed this Sabbath. Thanks. I hope yours was wonderfully blessed, too, and that you are refreshed for the new work week, beloved sister.