August 17, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal ~ 8/17


In my life this week…
I am very thankful that a lot of my stress is gone. I finished my commitments for the magazine and am mailing them out this afternoon! I enjoyed cooler weather this week--but it gave me a hankering for fall!!

In our homeschool this week…
We started our first FULL schedule and it went very very well! Thankfully last week's emotions were gone and we got into a routine. So far, Little Britches really loves what we are doing--especially the new History portion. And he's not complaining about the extra Science. He loves that subject!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Sunday is our annual big church picnic event. We are headed to a place called Butler Springs Camp where we will spend the day in fellowship and fun. There is a zipline, a rock wall, swimming pool and a host of other activities that can be enjoyed. We are having a bit potluck for the meal--and we are having potluck at church tomorrow--so I have to plan out my food for the next two days today. I'm thinking casserole for tomorrow and crockpot shredded chicken tacos for Sunday! Easy to fix in advance and easy to take!

My favorite thing this week was…
When we were reading our first portion of Story of the World Vol. 1, I stopped reading to finish and Little Britches begged me to keep going. I love it when that happens....but you know that wasn't my most FAVORITE thing. My most favorite thing was looking through a USBORNE book on outer space and then sneaking out with Little Britches after Baby Britches went to bed to go star gazing. THAT was the best part of the week!

What’s working/not working for us…
So far our new schedule is working for us. We'll see how it goes over the upcoming weeks. 

Things I’m working on…
Trying to stick with the mantra--if you put it down, pick it up. If you take it out, put it back. If you make a mess, clean it up. If I can work on just this basic philosophy I'll probably enjoy cleaning the house a lot more! LOL!

I’m reading…
I'm reading book #3 To Know Her By Name of the Rocky Mountain Memories series by Lori Wick...and reading book #2 of the Lighthouse series by Colleen Coble, The Lightkeeper's Bride...AND reading a book by Debra Clopton called Meeting Her Match. Yes. Three books simultaneously. I do it all the time! LOL!

I’m cooking…
As you read above, I've got a lot to cook up today! And don't forget Sabbath dinner tonight! I've already got that planned out though. Grilled Chicken, Garden Fresh Salad, Garden Fresh Corn on the Cob, Red and Baby Yellow Potatoes, Apple Crumble and a bottle of Sparkling Cider!

I’m grateful for…
rain...

I’m praying for…
Self-Discipline

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights! Psalm 148:1
Photobucket

No comments: