June 6, 2012

Just had to share...

Here they are!!! It's the firstfruits...or rather firstVEGGIES of my garden!
Two beautiful beans from one of the bean plants we started inside in a jar...I don't imagine that plant will have much more to offer--see when we learned that if you start them inside in just water, they blossom too soon without growing a nice mature plant. Our other beans that we planted OUTSIDE are all still busy growing their plant--like they should be!

I have to admit, it was fun to snap them off...I threw them in our pot of water for the corn on the cob and let them cook with the corn. They turned oh so dark green...and tasted DELICIOUS! Now I can't wait to get a whole crop!

The eagerness with which I searched for these firstfruits brought to mind all the scriptures in the Bible about how we who come to know the truth on the earth NOW are the firstfruits of the Kingdom of God.

James 1:18
"Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures."


Revelation 14:4
"...These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb."

It's so exciting to think that God is as excited about us as I was for these insignificant beans!

No comments: